Looney Labs Chrononauts Mailing list Archive

[Chrononauts] Uberchrono and errata

  • FromPeter John Oliver <pjo3@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 8 Feb 2006 16:48:14 -0500 (EST)
Hey there everybody,
Peter Rabbit here. Fiver's Warren has been running a few games of
Uberchrono in preparation for this year's Ubercon, and we've got a few
bones to pick about it.

* It may be too late to amend the 3rd Printing, but while you were
revising the 1980 card, did anyone think to alter the text on the 'real
history' side? It currently reads, "Deranged fan guns down rock star on
NYC street"... but if the Dutch come to the aid of the Colonies two
hundred years earlier, New York City becomes New Amsterdam! For best
results, perhaps this should be changed to "Manhattan street" for
continuity in both timelines.

* Some of the EAC inverters could be tweaked to affect the original
timeline as well. Specifically:
-Spread Rumors: 1993'->1993. The attacks on David Koresh by the Waco
Tribune-Herald in 1992 were critical in causing the ATF siege of the
Branch Davidian compound.
-Suppress Information: 1941'->1941. If Tokyo had issued an order to
call off the attack, a well-placed time traveller could intercept that
order to ensure the attack went off as planned. This usage is similar
to how it's played in EAC.
-Steal Plans: 1943->1943'. Stealing the plans for the Manhattan Project
is certainly one way to sabotage it.

* How about a specialized Uberchrono expansion set, similar to the Lost
Identities expansion for the original Chrononauts? It would free up
some slots in the EAC sheet and consolodate the EAC-specific cards in
one place. Maybe you could include it for free with an order of both
Chrono and EAC. Ideally it would include:
-The current Uberchrono rules card.
-The 6 TRA 'Gold Watch' cards in the Short Run Depot.
-Spa Fon and perhaps a few other Identities that span both timelines.
Another contest similar to the first Lost Identities nanofic
competition could yield fruitful results.
-The Mating Pair of Pterodactyls and other dual Artifacts, similar to
the Fluxx promos. A gold-wrapped, cancer-curing chocolate bar? Who
knows?
-A few Goals that need artifacts from both decks. Again, I'm sure that
between us we can come up with some ideas.

Feedback? Is there any chance at all that any of this will see daylight?

Peter Oliver
pjo3@xxxxxxxx
First year Honors architect
GalacticEmperor on PXO-HLP-VWBB-F2S