Looney Labs EcoFluxx Mailing list Archive

[Eco] The Story of Stuff

  • From"Carol Townsend" <carol.townsend@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 8 Dec 2007 15:02:40 -0600
If you've got 20 minutes or so, kick back and watch this video.

http://www.storyofstuff.com/

There is hyperbole in this video ("we take stuff and add in toxins!")...I suppose it should be expected in a video that is designed to shake people awake.  I can see this become a great excercise in a logic/retoric/debate class - find the real argument and chart the extra words that get added in to catch our attention.  I like seeing that they have documentation of the facts and numbers she quotes (there is info under the "resources" link under the video), and while it's slightly more radical than my comfort zone is set at, I'm comfy with the "we can't have a straight line of production and survive" basic message.

cheers
Carol
--
Carol Townsend