Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

Re: [Edu] using Fluxx ideas

  • From"Magi D. Shepley" <magid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 18 Sep 2006 22:05:54 -0400
I did something very similar when I first started using Fluxx with students. These were all kids in a restrictive program placement, and within that particular school, the most restricted program. The program was extended year and extended day... They did weekly program meetings where the kids received awards from teachers for good things they did, and had discussions about how things could have gone better. I started making my awards on FluxxBlanxx and giving them to the kids based on a Fluxx theme. The kids loved it, because mine always looked different, and one of the kids told me that he could tell I really thought about the awards, and they weren't fake.

Magi

Kimberly Terrill wrote:

Just thought I'd share what I did for my 2 sons who had birthdays recently. I made them coupons, like "Good for a batch of your favorite cookies" or "Good for a date with daddy". But i also did some Eco Fluxx themed cards, they loved it. I have a coupon called "Let's Do That Again", where they could re-use any of their coupons, and "Trash a Card(chore)"- they could choose one chore for a day to trash- not have to do it. I had another one, but gorgot it.Hmm, when I get home I'll look it up.

--
~~Kimberly
www.homeschoolblogger.com/3foldchord <http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/3foldchord>