Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

[Edu] a SWEET conference I wish I could go to....

  • From"Carol Townsend" <edu-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 25 May 2007 22:20:51 -0500
Hi folks,

I don't know how many of you make it to the Conferences page on the Academy:
http://www.looneylabs.com/Academy/Conferences.html

...but I wanted to make sure that people saw this amazingly sweet conference:

"The first annual Gaming, Learning, and Libraries Symposium will be held in Chicago on July 22-24, 2007. More than 25 sessions in three tracks will cover such wide-ranging topics as creating games for information literacy, implementing gaming programs, teaching kids how to make their own games, gaming for adults, digital downloads for gamers, online fiction games, and more. In addition, a track dedicated to Second Life will highlight how libraries are creating a presence in this virtual world and what they are gaining from it."

A link to information about the Symposium is here:
http://gaming.techsource.ala.org/index.php/Main_Page

If you can go - are planning to go - actually get to go then please let me know how it went.  This is SWEET!

Carol

ps - if you know of other conferences, please send 'em my way so I can post them on the Academy site!