Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

RE: [Fluxx] EcoFluxx: Poison question

  • From"A Ross" <adross@xxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 6 Dec 2005 13:19:05 -0700
> > Does Poison protect your other Keepers from being eaten by *your*
Keepers?
> > The box says "Having Poison protects your Keepers from being eaten by
other players!"  The Poison card itself simply says "Once in play, Poison
protects your other Keepers from being eaten."

> I believe the ruling on this was that, yes, your Poisonous Bears CANNOT
eat your Poisonous Fishes (for example).  We'd played it the other way for a

while, but then decided that it was more consistent with other similar
cards in Fluxx.  For example, if you have The Brain and The Television, you
can't win with Brain No TV just because you control them both and decide
you've "turned the TV off" as it were.

> Anyhow.  That's the ruling from Andy.  If you want to be able to have your

keepers eat each other, you've got to manage to trash Poison if you have it.

> Alison Looney
> Question Answerer 1st Class

I didn't see how Poison would keep my Keepers from being eaten without also
doing harm to them.
I also tend to shy away from using Keepers that have special abilities
except for "counts as (A) or (B)".
For these reasons, I removed Poison from my Eco Fluxx deck entirely.
It tends to speed up the game, since there are so many "(A) eat (B)" Goals.