Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Solitaire?

  • From"Doug Orleans" <dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 21 Mar 2006 16:11:17 -0500
The Volity implementation of Fluxx has a robot player that makes all
its moves at random.  It's surprisingly fun to play against it
one-on-one-- it's quick and there are a fair number of interesting
decisions.  It's easy to win most of the time, but the challenge is to
maximize your winning percentage (or perhaps to compile the longest
winning streak).  You could probably simulate this pretty easily with
a real deck, just keep the robot's hand face down and pick one at
random whenever it needs to play a card.  Similarly, whenever it needs
to make a decision about e.g. which keeper to steal or which rule to
trash, shuffle the candidates and pick randomly.  "I Need A Goal" is a
little trickier, because you either have to look at the hand to find a
goal, or just keep picking randomly until you find one.  There are a
few other decisions that you might need to roll a die for, such as how
many rules to trash or whether to use the Rich Bonus, but I think it
could be done pretty easily.

--dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx