Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Basic Rules Stipulation for Fluxx Blanxx...

  • From"S Mattison" <s.mattison@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 2 Sep 2007 09:16:32 -0600
I had actually thought ahead for situations where cards like "Draw
All" come into play. When you think about it... The first time someone
plays that card, and draws all cards, the discard pile must be
shuffled and created into a new draw pile. The next player draws all
cards, and then there are no draw or discard piles, assuming a basic
action hasn't been played. Now, what does the third player do? The
game is broken.

The stipulation I have added to the Basic Rules says; "If both Draw
and Discard piles are empty, Discard and reshuffle all hands into a
new Draw pile." This makes sense in this type of situation, and in the
situation where you have 10 people playing with the rules "Draw 5,
Play 1" in effect. You can see that something like this is needed to
keep the game playable for those people who have 0 cards in hand, when
all the drawable cards run out.

I don't even have the "Reshuffle the discard pile into a new draw
pile" rule written on my Basic Rules card. I just figure that's the
only thing that makes sense. It leads me to think of a new goal,
however!

"Time Bomb - If the end of the Draw Pile is reached, do not reshuffle
the Discard Pile into a new Draw Pile. At the end of the current turn,
the player with the fewest cards in their hand wins the game. If
multiple people have the fewest cards, they stay in the game, and may
reshuffle the hands and keepers of those who had more cards into a new
Draw Pile. Leave the discard pile intact."