Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Outrageous accents

  • From"Slev Sleddeddan" <slev01@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 30 Dec 2008 22:10:59 +0000
I remember one UK national LRP group I used to be a member of. If
southerners where playing a peasant, they had a stereotypical northern
accent, and vice-versa. It was a very backwards country our characters
must have lived in...

2008/12/29 Carol Townsend <carol.townsend@xxxxxxxxx>:
> We were playing Monty Python Fluxx the other day and I have to report the
> best Outrageous Accent of the game.  We of course had people doing bad
> French Accents, bad Austrailian and we had a bad Yiddish one going pretty
> well... but here in Chicagoland, the one that put people on the floor was
> the Fake Southside Chicago Accent.  (and it was fake - the guy grew up in
> California I think)
>
> Think of the skits on Saturday Night Live when the guys were sitting around
> the table, drinkin' beer and talkin' about Da Bears.  Da Bears and Ditka.
>  Eatin' Sahssage and drinkin' Beeahr and watchin' Da Bearz.  Or think: Dan
> Akroyd's Blues Brother's accent.  We're on a mission from Gahd.
>
> In the game we of course had Da Grail.  Not Da Bearz but Da Grail.  And Da
> Finga of Gahd which got rid of dat dere creeper here ya see and den goez bak
> in yer hand.  Draw tree play two became draw fife play two discard da udder
> tree when one two fife is out.
>
> What's the best Fake Accent you've had at your games?
>
> Carol

Slev
;-}

"The Government's always right.
 They tell us what to be,
 They tell us what to believe,
 They're wrong,"
   - Nevermore, 'Inside Four Walls'

http://www.livejournal.com/users/slev/

 ICQ: 39660341     Y!M: ninthmaster
 AIM: DragonSlev   MSN: slev_dragon@xxxxxxxxxxx
 Google Talk:  slev01@xxxxxxxxx

*Outgoing mail scanned by F-Secure anti-virus*