Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

[Fluxx] How to get college market share

  • FromT Vogl <fluxxfan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 13 Apr 2011 22:48:24 -0400
I've loved Fluxx for years, but I always thought you were missing out on the college market.  Why?  Because it’s hard to make it into a drinking game.  Or a strip game.  Or both.

How about FASHION FLUXX ?   (it needs a better name)

Keepers
=======
Shirt
Pants
Shoes
Sweater
Dress
Jewelry
Jacket
Bathing Suit
Beer
Hat
Briefs/Panties
T-Shirt/Bra
Shot
Socks/stockings
Wine
Fruity Drink
Camera

Goals
=====
10 cards in hand
5 keepers
skiing (jacket & sweater)
social evening (jewelry & sweater)
workout (shoes & pants)
formal (hat & jacket)
meet the parents (dress & jewelry)
dinner with boss (sweater & shot)
restaurant (shirt & shoes)
work (shirt & pants)
frat party (briefs/panties & beer)
pool party (T-Shirt/bra & Briefs/panties)
tourist (bathing suit & camera)
vacation (bathing suit & fruity drink)
hot night (Socks/stockings & briefs/panties)
ladies night (wine & dress)
house party (beer & wine)
sexy morning (shirt & Socks/Stockings)
macho look (pants & T-shirt/Bra)
adult party (T-shirt/bra & shot)
glamour photo session (T-Shirt/Bra & camera)
flashing (jacket & camera)
clubbing (dress - no Briefs/Panties)

Actions
======
Shirt off their back - take a keeper from someone
everybody gets 1
Dig through Laundry (search trash for action/rule)
another turn
draw two and use them
tax (make any 1 player pay for their keepers on table)
draw 3, play 2
need goal
empty trash
Take 1 and use it
Exchange Keepers
discard & draw
rules reset
trade hands
trash a keeper
no limits
scramble keepers
trash half rules
rotate hands
steal keeper
trash rule
exchange keepers

Rules  (in addition to normal flux rules- or maybe as suggestions for included blank FLUXX cards?).
=====
Pay for Keepers - any keeper played after this card is played must be paid for according to house rules.
Put on your Keepers
Take off your Keepers

(combine with a few blank FLUXX cards, and I’ll bet it becomes a real cult game).
I know, the card count is a bit high.  Maybe this group could help tune it?

-Tom