Re: [Icehouse] Icehouse games: What's the ideal?

  • From"Subhan Tindall" <subhan.michael@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 7 Mar 2006 11:47:37 -0800
I think Blam is a great introductory game for Icehouse pieces -
- Simple rules, can be explained in < 2 minutes, but requires some
strategy to play well
- Quick moving, can be played out in < 15-20 minutes/game
- multi-player - great game for 2 players, can also be played 3,4, possibly more
- requires minimal setup/breakdown, all you need is a chessboard or
other 8x8 grid
- easily played with giant stashes, esp. if floor is tiled w/square
tiles or grid can be quickly laid out with gaffer's tape
- good for young players as well as rules are pretty simple, and fun!

I recently hooked a friend on Icehouse with Blam.  Funny thing is, he
got me hooked in the first place playing Zendo ( he has the boxed
set), but he had never done anything other than Zendo with his
pyramids.
Have fun, all!
Subhan