Re: [Icehouse] Zendo mention...

  • From"Don Sheldon" <don.sheldon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 12 Aug 2006 20:34:59 -0400
On 8/12/06, Michael Shanley <postgoop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just thought I'd mention a Zendo reference I saw in "This is Your
Brain on Music" by Daniel J. Levitin. The book is about the psychology
of acoustics but on page p231, when talking about how people like music
that is neither too complicated nor to simple for their understanding,
he compares complex jazz to "games like Go, Axiom, and Zendo." lol.

Not to hijack your thread or anything, but this reminded me:  Last
weekend I brought my Icehouse set to my wife's grandmother's house to
teach Zendo to the gathered family there after dinner.  Players ranged
from a super-mallrat teenager to a 50 something working professional,
with a smattering of 20 something regular joes in between.  (Grandma
was tired and took a nap though).

And now, the point: everyone had an enormous amount of fun.  Many of
us had never met before.  Most of us had only met a handful of times.
But everyone got involved and enjoyed themselves like we were all old
friends.  God how I love Zendo.

--
 and then I plugged the looney website