Re: [Icehouse] tough Zendo rules

  • FromBrian McCue <brianmccue22312@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 4 Jan 2007 09:00:34 -0800 (PST)
More generally, a potentially difficult point in Zendo (and other realms) is "vacuous
fulfillment," of which an example would be furnished by the BN "... all the yellow
pyramids are mediums": does a Koan with no yellow pyramids qualify?

Most mathematicians and computer programmers would say that it does, since there are
no non-medium yellows present. However, it has been my observation that people
encountering  this idea of "vacuous fulfillment" for the first time often choke on
it, and I would not want anybody's first-time choke to occur when they were playing
in a Zendo game that I was Mastering.

Brian