[Icehouse] Re: choice of piece to cut to make 0-pointer

  • DateWed, 07 Mar 2007 12:21:47 -0700
> Evan wrote...
>Then again, I'm picky... the angle may not be that different.

Refer to this post I just made:
http://lists.looneylabs.com/pipermail/icehouse/2007-March/001471.html

The angle *does* change from a 1- to 3-pointer... by an average of
0.235° per step. I'd go so far as to say that's imperceivable, even to
the pickiest piecenik! ;)

So, yeah, you could by two sets each of Rainbow and Xeno, use every size
to chop down as 0-pointers (ending with an extra one for each color, to
give away!), and buy one set of Volcano Caps (for your gray set) and be
done with it.

Hmmm... so the cost to do it ourselves is (4 * $9 + $4) $40... plus tax
(FLGS). In my state, that makes it $42.50. Almost exactly halfway
between the buck-a-piece for $55 and my hypothetical 5-for-$3 for $33.
I guess that makes sense, though--do it ourselves is actually "wasting"
a HUGE percentage fo the plastic, not to mention getting rule sheets,
dice, and tubes we don't need.

And that's why I'll be waiting for a final, end-all-be-all announcement
that they will never be manufacured, ever, at all, period. (And I mean
a FIRM commitment to that... unlike Lucas's "the orignal 3, never on
DVD" lie that's cost many fans some big bucks.)

*crosses fingers*
David