[Icehouse] Icehousegames.org Wiki Failing?

  • DateWed, 25 Jul 2007 11:27:20 -0700
Anyone else find that the wiki is becoming VERY slow; even going down a lot?

I tried to ping it just now and got RTO (request timed out). It comes back eventually, but it seems REALLY shaky; anyone know if it's got some kind of bandwidth throttle or something? I'd change hosts, if my sites behaved this way for more than, say, an hour a month.

Kind of sucks when one is trying to do major work. For instance, I am about to reduce our sort list proliferation to just "Best Games," "What Can I Play?" and "Games Under Development"; "Existing Games" will be cleared and redirected to The Master List ("Template_talk:Count_of_games"); and I'll add The List as a link on the Main Page as an "Index of games".

[By the way, if folks have a better idea of how to direct newbies, demoers, and testers, go chime in on Main Page talk ASAP! What Can I Play is far and away a better sorting page than Existing Games, making EG redundant and just another variation on The List. More defense of change at the wiki....]

David
Wiki OCD