Remember, a while back there was some discussion about making new
colors of pyramids? And my CLOWD thingy? Are there still plans for new
colors? Actually, I think there was some debate about why we need new
colors. My answer is: we don't, but if there were 16 colors, so many
possibilities would pop up. For example, we could create games like
(and this is my speculation, I don't have rules written up yet for
these games or anything):|
plus, imagine the marketing capabilities... you could display EcoHouse
next to EcoFluxx, Zombie Fluxx, or Chrononauts; RainbowHouse next to
Aquarius or Fluxx; and XenoHouse next to EAC, for color-matching fun!
- CMYK, a game about ink blobs that would be aided by a magenta
color (redder than the purple we already have, that is).
- Zendo Insanity, played with 12 colors that can be grouped 4
- the still-in-progress-last-I-checked Stacktors! Icehouse RPG
engine could use additional colors to represent stats better.
- with 16 colors available, using 14 one-color stashes would result
in 70 nests; plus 5 caps each from the remaining two colors makes Ultra
Volcano, played on an 8-by-8 grid, possibly with each player playing a
different cap color.
- Double-Locked, a safe-breaking game using 4 opaque colors
(1-pointers of one opaque color hidden under 2-pointers of another
opaque color hidden under 3-pointers of a third opaque color, players
look at revealed pieces to guess what's left)
- a 3HOUSE, 15 color resource management game (you're the xeno, I'm
the rainbow, he's the eco. Your guards are white, mine are black, his
are tan. your travelers are clear, mine are yellow, his are smoked