[Icehouse] 2HOUSE or not 2HOUSE

  • From"Jorge Arroyo" <trozo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 31 Dec 2007 01:54:16 +0100
Hi all

  After the heated discussion about the 2HOUSE requirement for the current contest, I find it surprising that no one has pointed out something that is quite obvious after reading all the rules to the games entered: Two of the entries do not strictly follow  the 2HOUSE requirement and can easily be played with 1 set and little (or no) extra materials. I'm not saying the games should be removed from the contest (after all, I supported the possible relaxation of the requirement), but I feel it's important to note that in the end, what seemed to be more practical is what has finally happened: people will judge the games and decide for themselves how to score them, and each judge will decide how important the adherence to the 2HOUSE requirement is for them.

  Now, if I had decided not to submit a game because of the strict requirement, I probably wouldn't be very happy about this (which fortunately is not the case)...

-Jorge