Re: [Icehouse] Icehouse earrings

  • From"Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 4 Jan 2008 06:56:27 -0800 (PST)
James H. wrote:
> I just snapped a couple of pictures of the Icehouse earrings
> I gave my fiancée for Christmas. They're made from some extra
> ZPIPs that came out just a little too short.

Nice! I like the idea of using 0-pointers.

> I am by no means handy, and the thought of DIY gives me chills
> but I think the earrings turned out pretty well. Nothing I want
> to attempt again anytime soon, however.

I think they came out great. Be careful, once you figure out that
you *can* do it yourself, the idea of just buying something loses
its luster. =^>

Here's a picture I took of some earrings Emily Frawley made from
1-pointers that were sold in a Pop Tart Cafe -

http://www.ee0r.com/gallery/events/balticon2001/ptc5/icerings.jpg

And a picture of some polymer clay 1-pointer earrings made by
Eric Zuckerman.

http://www.geocities.com/zuckermn/Images/piecenik/earrings_kristin.jpg

You are bringing innovation to a grand tradition!

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans
eeyore@xxxxxxxx