Re: [Icehouse] Treehouse and Fluxx spotted in Tokyo

  • From"Avri Klemer" <avri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 3 Jul 2008 11:31:59 -0400
I forwarded this to my brother who has been teaching English in Japan for many years now, who says,

"the sign on the case says 'imports'..."

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 3:10 PM
Subject: [Icehouse] Treehouse and Fluxx spotted in Tokyo

I was in Tokyo last week and I stopped into the Tokyu Hands, a surprisingly cool department store in Ikebukuro. On their toys and games floor, I noticed a couple of very familiar games--Treehouse and Fluxx. It was the (nearly unshufflable) Japanese version of Fluxx of course, but I couldn't tell if the Treehouse set was an import or a Japanese version. The label on the tube appeared to be identical to the familiar American edition, but the rules insert seemed to be in Japanese--it was hard to see, but there was definitely some Japanese writing on the rules insert. The two games were labeled as "Tsuriihausu" and "Furakkusu" respectively. The Treehouse sign also bares the text "a game that can be played in a short period of time" in Japanese.

And here's a snapshot: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ArchangelJames/?action="">

I'm actually a little surpised to see Treehouse there. Since J-Fluxx is handled by a Japanese company, I didn't think LL did business in Japan. Is LL becoming international, or was this just an import?