Re: [Icehouse] Neal Stephenson's "Anathem"

  • FromFred J Poutre <cloven-fruit@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 3 Sep 2008 09:07:01 -0600
I think that was a tetrahedron, not a pyramid.
You can only see on side, with out seeing any of the connecting sides.
Because all sides are acute angles on a tetrahedron, when looking
directly at a single face, you can not see the other faces.
Pyramids with their 90 degree interface on the base, are at a 90 degree
on the sides. Meaning that you can normally see at least one of the
connecting sides, when looking directly at a single face.
Hard to tell though.

Thanks
Fred Poutre
Cloven Fruit Games

On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 08:27:48 -0400 "Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx>
writes:

> This, bizarrely, is a video trailer for Stephenson's new book.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=4171
8483