Re: [Icehouse] Spring 2009 IGDC Judging Almost Over!

  • FromDennis Duquette <dennisdduquette@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 14 May 2009 18:20:49 -0700 (PDT)
Hello.

For your incoming judging forecast, I shall be submitting a ballot with feedback on Sunday. There is still one of the games that I have not tried, but I shall have the opportunity to test it Sunday. At least one more player who playtested with me will be judging before the deadline. Perhaps a couple more players with whom I play-tested will also email their rankings, though I am not sure.

For my humble opinion, we should probably delay the ballot deadline. We have had regrets about too few judges in previous IGDCs. On the other hand, delaying the judging deadline each IGDC discourages taking the deadline seriously. The gripping hand is that more judges are better: the entrants get more feedback. I shall be emailing my ballot Sunday whatever is decided about the deadline. That's my $.02.

Dennis D Duquette

Theorem:
All numbers are equal.

Proof:
Choose arbitrary a and b, and let t = a + b.
(a + b)(a - b) = t(a - b)
a^2 - b^2 = ta - tb
a^2 - ta = b^2 - tb
a^2 - ta + (t^2)/4 = b^2 - tb + (t^2)/4