Re: [Icehouse] Black ICE rules clarification

  • From"Ryan McGuire" <ryanmcguire@xxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 4 Mar 2010 21:45:14 -0500
I'll chime in with my perspective.  The only authority I can claim is that I
ran he Black Ice tourney at Origins.

I would say that the Aim becomes useless, basically giving you one fewer
useful actions that turn.  It's not that you can't use the Aim -- you can.
It's just that when you do use it, it doesn't actually change anything.

If you don't like that ruling, you could go with the explicit rule, "It's OK
to pass on any action if you wish."  In this case you "wish" to pass on the
Aim in order to keep the game moving.  It works out the same -- the Aim
doesn't do anything.

Ryan

-----Original Message-----
From: icehouse-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:icehouse-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David L. Willson
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 3:05 PM
To: icehouse
Subject: [Icehouse] Black ICE rules clarification

Is there a list of Black ICE rules clarifications somewhere?

I have two questions:

My opponent rolls an aim, but I have no pyramids in my key.  What happens?

I roll an aim, but my opponents pyramids are the same as mine, in those
positions.  What happens?

David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
MCT MSCE N+ A+ L+ NovellCLA LPIC-1
tel://720.333.LANS
Freeing people from the tyranny (or whatevery) of Microsofty-ness, one at a
time.