- I'll miss the hugs.
- Oh wait! He'll still be at cons! I can still get hugs!!! (and maybe more rested hugs than I'd gotten in the past...)
- He's got the best smile in the world! He can light up any room he walks in (or light up in any...)
- Still... rats. He was a fantastic organizer and detail man.
- I'll miss his enthusiasm, his protectiveness of us Rabbits, his fantastic sense of "if you're having fun, the people you demo for will have fun" and his great advice "if it's not fun, don't do it.
- I'm glad he's following his own advice - not that being coordinator wasn't fun, but it obviously wasn't what he wanted/needed to be doing at this time. Good on ya, Russell. Taking care of yourself is #1.
- Maybe he'll now have time to make more mobiles!! If you haven't seen a Russell-mobile then you've missed out on some fun art!
- still... sort of rats... I wonder if the next person in the job will be able to fill the shoes?
- then I think: "Dave Chalker did the job his way - fantastically - Russell did the job HIS way - fantastically.... wow, who will we have next doing the job in THEIR way, fantastically??? I can't wait.
- wish there was something we Rabbits can do to help out the person in this position. More thoughts on this later....
Russell is one of the most fascinating people I know. Just sitting and talking with him about anything is a vacation from the monkey-mind inducing world we live in. I am always more relaxed, focused and centered after spending time with Russell. He calms people and situations just by being there. This is a gift that I don't think anyone yet fully realizes the power and potential of.
Russell is a GENUINE person - honest, open, caring, giving, creative, fun... there aren't enough words to describe him. He is a person who I know that if I called him, he'd jump in whatever form of transportation it took to get here and be here in no time flat. And not just because I know him - he'd do it for anyone - and especially for any Rabbit on this list! He is a true friend, no holds barred, no strings attached - in for a penny, in for a pound (how has that _expression_ changed in Britain due to Euros these days???).
It doesn't surprise me that Russell's handle on another list is "Werebear." If I could, I'd make thousands of mini-russells in squeezable-takehomeable form. There's a company that's already done that: Gund. The Gund bears are Russell personified.... or is it that Russell is a Gund bear, personified???
Anyway, I'm sorry to see you step down - we're gonna miss ya big guy. But I'm glad that if this is the right thing for you to do (and the right thing for the Rabbits as well) then go with our blessings and love...