Re: [Rabbits] Informal demo

  • From"Kimberly Terrill" <kiter5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 14 Nov 2006 21:17:18 -0500
AWESOME!!!

I want to do a little demo at the small school my kids take a couple classes at.

--Kimberly
www.homeschooler.com/3foldchord

On 11/14/06, Andrew Petrarca <android@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I doubt this is worth submitting for points, but I gave a little
informal demo on Friday at the school where I work.  Last week I was
substituting for a special ed. teacher, and one of my duties was to
provide in-class support for some English classes.  The students were
learning to identify story elements, and the lesson reminded me so
much of Nanofictionary that I decided to bring it in and show it off.

I didn't want to interrupt the class itself, but at the end of the
English class on Friday I quickly showed the cards off to the teacher.
She was so impressed that she immediately asked me where she could get
some.  I wrote the name of the game and the URL of Looney Labs down on
a note for her.

Afterward, I had a prep. period, and I spent much of it in the faculty
lunch room showing the game off to other teachers who were curious
about why I had a strange deck of cards.  I showed off the cards,
explained how the game worked, and speculated with them about how it
could be adapted for classroom use.  In the process another teacher
asked me where to get a copy -- being in less of a hurry this time, I
suggested a couple of local game stores, and also gave him the URL.

I probably spent under an hour on this, but it seemed like the game
was a really easy sell.  I'm starting in a new school this week, and
bringing the game in might be a good way to break the ice with my new
colleagues.

--
Bitwise, Andrew.                                         &