Re: [Rabbits] Please help me find a glass ball for Christmas!

  • From"Sam Zitin" <sammyz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 4 Dec 2006 14:29:30 -0500
Having been contact juggling about 5 years now I feel somewhat confident making some recomendations.

For starting out (if it is indeed contact juggling they want to get into) I would suggest a lacrosse ball for sure.  In addition to being unbreakable and unscratchable they have the added advantage of bouncing back up towards you when you inevitably drop it while starting out.

They also have a slight tackieness to them which is extremely helpful while starting out.

I never found an acryllic particularly useful until I started doing multiple ball manipulations (palm spins).

Until I actually read this thread and realized it was in reference to Origins, I was wondering if someone had been referring to my contact juggling antics at 2001 World con!

-Sam

On 12/4/06, Elliott C. Evans <eeyore@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Kimberly T. wrote:
> i see they sell different sizes. What would be a good starting size for a 13
> yr old?

The average 13 year old is about 5 feet tall.

They start *much* smaller, though.

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans
eeyore@xxxxxxxx