[Rabbits] [Event] Demo by Kimberly Terrill

  • FromSuperFRED <superfred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 6 Jan 2007 00:25:18 -0500
This is an auto-generated report from SuperFRED regarding an event that Kimberly Terrill has submitted.
http://rabbits.looneylabs.com/?RabbitUserID=3FoldChord

========
Title: Demo
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Date: January 6, 2007.

 Part 1 Game Demo at Bell Book and Comic. Dayton, Ohio. Mini Experiment.

After donning my labcoat with orange flower, I loaded my tray of homemade chocolate chip cookies into my game case and headed to the game store.  I arrived at said LFGS at 6:40 and began to set up. While waiting for customers to arrive I played a round of Eco flux with the storeowner and a friend of hers (that hangs out at the store frequently apparently).

Throughout the evening I played 3 games of Eco Fluxx, a game or 2 of Fluxx, 2 games of 3 player Martian Chess, 2 games of Martian coasters, nanoFictionary, Chrononauts and a few games of  Treehouse.  I played games with a total of about 8 different players and there was often a crowd gathered around the table watching. I handed out 4 promo cards as prizes along with some of the square Fluxx stickers. (many just had time for 1 or 2 games)

The cookies were a big hit and a Demo Magnet.  I think a lot of people played just because we had yummy cookies at the table.

Almost every one had played Treehouse before (all but 1), and a few had played Fluxx before, but all the other games were new to everyone that played. Martian Coasters and Martian Chess were big hits.

I will be doing a 2nd demo there on the 13th. I think I?ll bring chocolate cookies next time (instead of Chocolate Chip)