Re: [Rabbits] Points question

  • FromKristin Looney <rabbit-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 22 Aug 2007 16:12:40 -0400
--On August 22, 2007  Robert Winans <Robert.Winans@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have been planning a FLUXX Demo at my FLGS, and I have ordered the
party packs, a BLACK martian coaster promo (as a prize), I have four
Happy Flowers left, also as prizes. I have made up my own ZOMBIE FLUXX
Posters (using some of the preview art from wunderland). I’ve been
planning this with my FLGS for about three weeks.

Awesome!  This sounds great - we thank you and your store thanks you!!!

Is there any news on when or if there are going to be rabbit points (or
something similar) for doing demo’s?

Sorry...  when we say there will be no reward system for a while, we
do mean that there will be no reward system for a while.  The old system
has not even quite been turned off yet (only 2 weeks left to spend your
points!), and we won't be even starting to figure out what a new system
might look like until at the very earliest next year some time.

We turned the existing system off so that we could get moved into our
new software WITHOUT having to figure out how a reward system would
work, and so we could focus on things like promoting Zombie Fluxx to
retailers and media - to get some much needed cashflow into the company.

There WILL be a reward system again in the future, but I can't begin
to tell you what it will look like or when it will happen. Sorry.

As we have always said, the most important thing is that your are
having TONS of fun when you are promoting our games - the reward we
were giving before was never enough to really compensate you for your
time, so the fun has always been the main form of payment. We wish we
could be offering a reward to those who are doing demos, but we simply
can't at this time - so if the fun of hanging out and playing the games,
and the knowledge that you are helping us and your local store are not
reward enough for doing demos, then you need to cut back on doing demos.

We know that without us sending out the free materials to run the demos
that much much fewer demos will happen - but unfortunately this is just
how it needs to be right now.  The future is another day, but it is,
well, in the future.  :)

Please know how much we appreciate all our Rabbits!  Thank you for
jabbering enthusiastically about our games just with friends and
family or more formally in demo situations - whatever works for you.

-Kristin "Mamma Rabbit" Looney