Looney Labs Something Mailing list Archive

Re: [Something] Gary Gygax is gone

  • FromChristopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 04 Mar 2008 10:29:58 -0800
On Tuesday, March 04, 2008, at 01:21PM, "Carol Townsend" <carol.townsend@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>This has been reported through industry lists and forums, and is on
>wikipedia, but I thought I'd let folks know that the Father of Role Playing,
>Gary Gygax, has passed away.
>
>In many ways, he's the father of the entire gaming industry - and I doubt
>that Looney Labs or any of the small games publishers would be where they're
>at without the impact that D&D has had on the gaming society.
>
>Gary was an sweet ol' curmudgeon and will be missed.

I just heard (Fark's headline said "Gary Gygax, creator of Dungeons & Dragons, has failed his saving throw vs. death").  Bummer.

This comes just as I'm getting excited about the new edition (I'm pre-ordering all the core books on Amazon when I get my tax refund).