Looney Labs Something Mailing list Archive

Re: [Something] driving annoyances

  • From"Carol Townsend" <carol.townsend@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 20 Jun 2008 23:32:18 -0500

On 6/20/08, Timothy Hunt <games@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So I looked that list.  One thing in particular struck me.

"[drivers] who stay in a lane that's closing due to construction until
they reach the orange cones... these people really piss me off."

Why?

You see, in the UK, we're actively encouraged to use all available
lanes until they are unavailable, and then merge "zipper-like"
(alternating one car from the left, one car from the right going into
the remaining lane).

And here I thought Brits were very good at queuing.  This Zippering sounds rather "anti-queue" (as opposed to pro-queue, not old)  to me.

Carol