Looney Labs Aquarius Mailing list Archive

Re: [Aquarius] six player musings

  • FromKevin Welch <kawelch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 7 Sep 2005 17:40:15 -0700 (PDT)
As a math teacher... I'm loving this conversation...
where else in the "real world" do you see people doing
permutaions and using phrases like "rotational
symmetry" with the expectation that everyone knows
what you mean.  THREE CHEERS...More proof you guys
ROCK

> Er... 120 possible configurations of quads, divided
> by 2 because of
> rotational symmetry to a second position = 60
> possible quads for regular 5
> player AQ, becomes 360 possible quads for 6 player.
> Whoof.  If, on the
> other hand, you allow for criss-cross placement
> (short side to long side, a
> la xxxeno-genius, or zarcanostica) then each card
> could have four possible
> positions in its rotational symmetry (as though the
> cards were square) then
> you could divide by two a second time and 6 player
> would have only (ha ha
> only) 180 possible quads.

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.