Looney Labs Chrononauts Mailing list Archive

Re: [Chrononauts] RE: Chrononauts 2000

  • FromJonathan Cogan <coganjd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 22 Feb 2006 20:39:12 -0500
Peter Oliver wrote:

Hey all,
First, thanks for the praise! I'm glad you like it. Now for the issues...

The link again is http://web.njit.edu/~pjo3/fluxx/chrono2k.htm
From: Jonathan Cogan <coganjd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
One change I'd make is the patch for 2003 an abolition of the electoral college and build that into someone's identity :)

From: Laurie Menke <laurie_menke@xxxxxxxxx>
Ooohh...I like the abolition of electoral college idea!  :o)

Interesting idea. But is it of enough historical interest to warrant a place
on the timeline? Ultimately, how many lives would it impact? I rather like
the interplay between the actual event and the patch for 2003. What does
everyone else think?

- I think it's of as much interest as Al Gore vs. George Bush winning the election, and of more interest than some of the items in the already existing time line :)  We need a slogan "when the electorial college was founded, fewer than 10% of the citizens of the US went to college, now more than 40% do.  Don't you think it's time we were allowed to think for ourselves?"

- I also think it's more likely to have happened than the allied colalition invading Saudi Arabia