Looney Labs Chrononauts Mailing list Archive

RE: [Chrononauts] Another Action Card From Me

  • From"A Ross" <adross@xxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 20 Mar 2007 07:15:08 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: chrononauts-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:chrononauts-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Robert Potter
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 5:49 PM
To: chrononauts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrononauts] Another Action Card From Me

It seems that all the top scientists agree on one thing about time
travel...if it were ever made a reality, it would be impossible to travel
backward through time to any point before the invention of time travel.
It's a concept called the "time barrier."  It got me thinking about a
potential new promo card...

TIME BARRIER.

Action: Reshuffle the discard pile back into the draw pile, and start a new
discard pile with this card.  (Functionally equivilent to the Fluxx card
Empty the Trash.)
------------------

Awesome!
That sounds like it would go well with my "Predict the Future" Timewarp.
Note: The Predict_the_Future cards would replace the Quick_Trip cards.

Timewarp: Predict the Future - Look at the top ten cards of the draw pile
(if there are fewer than ten, look at all of them).
Pull out a card (excluding Timewarps), put the other cards back onto the
draw pile in their original order and play the card you pulled out.

When Time_Barrier sends the discards into the draw pile, Predict_the_Future
will only let you access a small portion of them as opposed to Quick_Trip
which lets you look through the entire draw pile.