Looney Labs Chrononauts Mailing list Archive

Re: [Chrononauts] alternate method of play

  • FromNick Lamicela <nupanick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 16 Apr 2009 14:39:54 -0400
I remember reading this blog called 3 Hundred Mechanics, where the author posts cool game ideas. Some of them have actually been implemented by others. One concept he mentioned was playing a battle game with time spies. The game is in two parts, first a round is fought without the spies, then each team's leader decides where he wants traps to be at the beginning of the next round, and each team's time spy has to retroactively plant those traps during the battle without changing anything. The enemy can of course declare during the normal battle that they are searching an area for traps, making it difficult for a time spy to plant any there without being retroactively detected.

another cool idea (I just came up with this now, didn't read it somewhere else) would be to have fortune tellers trying to alter destiny, with a small set of possible futures but multiple ways to cause them.
~nupanick (or other appropriate name)

===================
Guvf VF zl jvggl fvtangher.

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 5:41 PM, Brett Slocum <slocum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Andrew Plotkin <erkyrath@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It would be cute if you started with *two* time agents, but any upstream
> change duplicated all downstream agents, because now you have two versions
> from the two timelines working together.... okay, probably that's out of
> control.

Wow, but it would be very cool.

Brett Slocum
<slocum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>