Looney Labs Chrononauts Mailing list Archive

Re: [Chrononauts] Fw: Number of Players

  • FromEd Murphy <emurphy42@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 12 Aug 2009 15:56:21 -0700
Mello wrote:

> I need to know if I change the Draw 2, Discard 1 Play 1 to the simple
> Draw 1 Play 1 in ÜberChrononauts I can double the number of
> players(about 12 Players).

You *can* do either, but off the top of my head, I would recommend
keeping Draw 2 Discard 1 Play 1; it's presumably intended to reflect,
not just the larger number of cards in the deck, but also the larger
number of sub-goals needed to win (at least one of two identities
*and* at least one of two missions *and* ten cards in hand).

As for 12 players, maybe you could pair them up, with each member of
the pair getting one identity and one mission, but both members of the
pair getting credit if either one completes their identity / mission /
gets ten cards in hand.