Looney Labs EcoFluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Eco] cloth diapers

  • FromLuisa <Luisa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 27 Feb 2007 20:22:33 -0500
Wow! Thanks 'Becca!

I was really curious about all the solid matter and what you did with it. Your email thoroughly explained that. With the liners I guess things are much easier.

Also the "fitted" ones must be easier to deal with than using pins. I have not done a web search about cloth diapers, so I am sure a lot has changed.

All we had when I was a baby in Mexico (a long time ago) were cloth diapers. And that is all I saw used with my little brother and younger cousins... but we had the really old fashioned ones, made at home from flannel cloth, and the liners where a thinner material made of cotton as well, kind of like cheese cloth... and then there were the pins... and the outside shells, if used at all, were plastic pull ups.

Perhaps one day I will have a baby and I want to be ready to take care of it in an environmentally friendly way. I will keep in touch with you for last minute updates in cloth diaper technology.

Regarding the washing machine, I think that using the hot water and the micorbicide are more than enough to get rid of the bacteria in the poop.

Thanks for sharing!

Luisa