Looney Labs EcoFluxx Mailing list Archive

[Eco] Beat the Heat, Wash in Cold

  • From"Maria P" <mudpuppy1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 16 Nov 2007 11:17:52 -0500
Hey!  This month's Carbon Conscious Consumer Campaign is Beat the Heat, Wash in Cold....encouraging you to push the cold/cold button on your washing machine.  Take the pledge & spread the word!  It's always amazing how doing something so little makes a HUGE impact if we all do it!  Have a great weekend!

Click below to join me in a pledge to Beat the Heat, Wash in Cold, Score an Eco-Friendly Home Office

http://c3.newdream.org/campaigns/c3/register/4b523eaaaf376f0aa5534e4367efee03/

Did you know you can reduce your carbon footprint, save energy and money, and give yourself a chance at some great prizes in one simple step? It's a win-win situation for you, the community and the ecosystem…and you can even win $1500 worth of green office furniture and supplies from Office Depot.

What do you have to do? Just fill out the pledge form at c3.newdream.org and then wash 80% of your laundry in cold water. It's that easy. Just by doing 4 out of 5 loads in cold water you'll cut 72 pounds of CO2 emissions this month alone. Keep it up and you'll save more than $60 a year in energy costs too.

Visit the C3 site to sign up and then tell your friends: you could win $1500 worth of green office furniture and supplies from Office Depot or one of several other terrific prizes.

Washing in hot water is more likely to clean out your wallet than your apparel.  Today's more efficient clothes washers and laundry detergents make it possible to get even whites clean in cold water.  Did you know that almost 90% of the energy used for washing clothes is for heating the water. Wash in Cold is an easy way to cut down on your energy use

Help me Beat the Heat and sign up today!

Go to: http://c3.newdream.org/campaigns/c3/register/4b523eaaaf376f0aa5534e4367efee03/ to join the campaign and learn more about becoming a Carbon Conscious Consumer.

Thank You for Making a Difference,   Maria :)

--
Clothes make the man.  Naked people have little or no influence on society. -- Mark Twain