Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

RE: [Edu] anyone want to do something with Nanofictionary?

  • FromScott Sulzer <ssulzer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 07 Apr 2006 15:32:38 -0700
Dear Kirstin, and all of the Educators who are on this mailing list,

	How to use Nanoblanks?  I can very easily see Nanoblanks being
used in one of the classes I remember taking in High School.  Creative
Writing.  Imagine, if you will, passing out Nanoblanks to each student.
They are required to fill in one of each type of card.  The cards are
returned to the instructor, who shuffles each card type separately.
Then, each student receives one card of each type.  They must then write
a short story using the elements on the cards, or, if limiting it to
class time, they could be nanofiction size stories.  Such a game could
also have worked well in my Drama class (theater) as an improv exercise.
	Actually, that may work well for just about any English class as
a creative writing assignment.  This can allow for local landmarks and
characters to be used.  It could also be limited to school surroundings,
or specific locations.

-----Original Message-----
From: edu-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:edu-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kristin
Sent: Friday, April 07, 2006 7:46 AM
To: Looney Labs Education Discussion List
Subject: [Edu] anyone want to do something with Nanofictionary?

--On April 6, 2006  Solomon Davidoff wrote:

> Kristin, any chance of getting some incredible discount on Fluxx
Blanks,
> or maybe offering Fluxx Blank Decks for teachers?

Nothing beyond our standard 30% discount to teachers...

We are actually running low on Fluxx Blanxx, and will need to print more

before too long, so I'm not looking to move a lot of them at crazy low
prices to teachers...

Now - ask the same question about the blanks for Nanofictionary...

We have HUGE piles of Nono Blanks that I would love to find a good use
for.
Any teacher who wants to do something with Nanofictionary in their
classroom could easily talk me out of a big pile of the blanks
practically
for free - particularly if you can help me with ideas for using the game

and the blanks in the classroom.

We will be doing a new print run of the game itself before too long, and
we
plan to make some changes. The rule book wants to talk about different
ways
you can play with the cards... so I would love to get more teachers
playing
with this game and offering classroom suggestions.

-Kristin