Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

Re: [Edu] Objectionable Fluxx

  • FromKevin Welch <kawelch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 19 Dec 2006 12:15:52 -0800 (PST)
IMHO, the only people who would be "offended" by FLUXX
want to be offended and it would not matter what cards
the game contained. It is a game not a political
statement.

--- Cheryl Tackett <ohiosongbird@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

---------------------------------

Kristin,

for Conservative Christians...I consider myself to be
one--well, maybe not as conservative as some are, but
as much so as anyone in my local church
is--Personally, I hadn't really thought about it. I
can see where hippyism may be objectionable. Peace (no
war) is not objectionable to me as an individual, and
I am not really sure why it may be to others. The only
thing that I can think of is that they may think that
it is a way of putting forth a belief that all war is
wrong (as with anti-war protesters), and that we as a
nation should not go to war for other people's
(non-Americans) freedoms. If that were the case, then
I would feel it was objectionable. However, that is
not how I view it. An ideal world would have no war.
Unfortunately, we don't live on one.

If you would like input on cards for a Christian
expansion, I can get some input from my family and
other christians who play the game for you. Just let
me know!

Cheryl Tackett

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.