Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

Re: [Edu] The Teacher Warren

  • From"Magi D. Shepley" <magid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 02 Feb 2007 21:29:05 -0500
Awesome... Do you think you could mix Spanish Fluxx cards with regular Fluxx cards? I wonder if my Spanish speaker would be more willing to play. He'd certainly be at an advantage!

For those interested, Survival Fluxx is finished... or rather, all of the cards were laid out, and ready to be printed. If anybody wants to look at it to see if they think it would play well, let me know. I would ask that you not share it beyond test playing though... Once it is "finished", I'll give it to Carol to post on the Teacher site, but I do think that since one of my students put in so much effort making this, its only fair he get a little bit of credit.
Magi

miyu wrote:
For anyone curious about Fluxx in Spanish I used the game in a small Spanish II class last week and it went over very well. The previous week I spent one class period playing Fluxx in English so they could get used to the rules and then brought it out in the target language the following week. They had very few rules questions and maintained steady conversation in Spanish the entire time.

I'll probably be placing another order in the next few weeks for 2-3 more sets of the game to run multiple games in one of my larger classes. I highly recommend sticking to 4-6 people tops if running this game in the classroom - especially since the Spanish version has fewer cards than the English.

Once I get the rules to Nanofictionary down I may play it as well in class (after pulling out some cards and limiting it to vocabulary they would easily know in Spanish). It would be very cool to see a Spanish version of Nanofictionary as well!

                          -Ryan

--
Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege, labora et invenies.