Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

Re: [Edu]Students Careers

  • Frommiyu <xmiyux@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 8 Feb 2007 10:44:03 -0500
That is indeed very cool and Andy's advice is great.  I think many of us would love to be game designers as well when we grow-up. Luckily I'm not sure I'll ever really grow-up so still plenty of time for me. :laugh:

I'm hoping to do a class in a year or so for 6th or 7th graders called Learning Through Games.  The proposal I'm working on will involve playing many different abstract games as well as a few themed ones and then introducing them to pyramids.  Play several games with pyramids and then spend 2 weeks in small groups designing a pyramid style game.  One of my dreams at least and something I'm hoping to pitch to the school system to work on critical thinking skills, clarity in writing (for rules), editing, and the revision process.  It would also involve a good number of pyramids which is good for LL. :laugh:

                             -Ryan