Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

Re: [Edu] Are you doing anything for Earth Day?

  • From"Carol Townsend" <carol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 21 Mar 2007 21:52:15 -0500
Earth Day is celebrated each year on April 22nd in the United States.  Other countries choose to celebrate it on the Vernal (Spring) Equinox (March 21-22).  We're going with the 4/22 date.

One of the founders of Earth Day says it's "a global holiday to celebrate the wonder of life on our planet."  In general, it's a day that teachers can focus on environmentalism.  For some, it's a great reason to get the class outside and learn some good science, for others, it's a way to focus on causes that matter.

Some info on Earth Day can be found at Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_Day

But Earth Day is really what each person or group makes it.  We want to help teachers find an easy way to bring Earth Day and Fun into the classroom with our Teacher's Special
http://www.looneylabs.com/OurStores/product.html?ProductID=302

Does that help?

Peace!
Carol