Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

Re: [Edu] Good Games for 6th Grade Special Education Class?

  • Frommiyu <xmiyux@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 11 Sep 2007 16:44:48 -0400
Having a good number of pyramids and access to the internet to find games is also super helpful.  Several of the games I have used in my classroom (not a dedicated special ed room but still obviously has special education students) came from finding a game online and either adapting it or using it as is.

Fluxx would be an excellent choice to teach the students to adapt to changing circumstances.  It also would stress the importance of good sportsmanship (eg. not flipping out when your turn gets skipped or a hand limit goes to 0 and throws all your plans off).  Treehouse would also serve the same skills and be playable with the pyramids.

                        -Ryan