Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

Re: [Edu] Game design project in a classroom

  • Frommiyu <xmiyux@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 1 Feb 2008 15:01:06 -0500
Oh no worries.  They already said something to me about that. :lol:  They of course mentioned the game Brawl as the turnless game.  Mostly because I myself don't understand Icehouse so never teach it.

The rubric making was rough because I didn't want to "shape" or limit their creativity but I had to give them some sort of standards to attain.  That is why I required these games to have multiple win conditions.

The next game they design may be a combination of pyramids and Piecepack but will have a restriction of no dice.

                             -Ryan

That sounds fantastic!

But I must quibble at your rubric because it makes an assumption that
the game will have turns and we all know that that kind of assumtion
is antithetical to Icehouse ;)

I am super excited to see what your kids come up with.

--

--
Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege, labora et invenies.