Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

RE: [Fluxx] so... have you played EcoFluxx?

  • From"Seth Ruskin" <rathorne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 17 Oct 2005 13:01:15 -0400
From: Kristin Looney <customer-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
have you played EcoFluxx yet?

Yes, I purchased it at UberCon this past weekend and showed it off in a pick-up game.

what do you think?

It was a lot of fun (as usual) and we all got a kick out of the new rules and actions. In addition, the new type of goal (You have one keeper, you or someone else has the other) received positive remarks.

I'm writing an email to our retailers...
with advise on promoting this new game...

why would existing Fluxx fans want to get this new variant?

As noted above, the new rules, actions, and goals are reason enough to buy the game. The strategies needed to win are different enough that it's a new enough experience to attract the fans. In addition, I could see EcoFluxx used to help teach biology and earth science to children and young teens. If educators or parents buy this product, it would expand the exposure and broaden the player base.

Seth
aka GnTar, the evil teddy bear rabbit

P.S. I hope that made some degree of sense. I'm still suffereing from sleep deprivation from a weekend of running LL games.