Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Re: rant on Inflation, Disc&Draw & EvGets1

  • FromAlan Anderson <aranders@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 4 Dec 2005 23:36:03 -0500
On Dec 4, 2005, at 8:09 PM, Dim Bulb wrote:

Another interesting point. Judging by our behavior, we seem to think that more players are always better (as long as the deck is sufficiently crammed with Blanxx and cards from multiple editions that running out of cards isn't a problem). After all, Fluxx is the sort of game that's fun to watch while you're waiting for your turn; it's not like you're just sitting there while the other guy thinks for five minutes.

Pardon? It is *exactly* like that. You can't do anything until it's your turn, except wait for a Goal that makes you the winner.

And the longer it takes for your next turn to come up, the more fun you're probably having watching whatever crazy events are causing the game to take so long--we once had a single person play 23 cards in a turn without winning, and we once had a player not get a turn for ages because, three times in succession, the players next to him managed to reverse the turn order just before he would've got to go.

That would be a spectacular failure of fun for me if I were that player. If I'm playing a game, I want to be *playing* it, not wasting time just watching it.