Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Phrasology Semantics (Tournament Setting?)

  • From"S Mattison" <s.mattison@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 26 Mar 2007 12:38:09 -0600
Fluxx Tournament Setting? Where! When? What state/country?!
-Steve

On 3/26/07, Matthew Sach <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Possibly what's needed is "more than each other player". You have to go
round each other player in turn saying "Do I have more than you?". A
single "no" answer means you don't get the bonus.

It's a template that's used in Magic: The Gathering, as they had the
same struggles with trying to make sure the wording was accurate to the
intent. That was their effort, and I think it does a decent job (though
of course they have a huuuuuge body of rules which clarifies such things
as well, meaning noone in a tournament setting can quibble over it).