Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Re: Fluxx Digest, Vol 26, Issue 1

  • From"Carol Townsend" <carol.townsend@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 1 Sep 2007 16:07:38 -0500
I'd like to hear Andy's take on this thread.

Andy?  (tap, tap, tap...)  Any thoughts?

Carol

On 9/1/07, Bart Janssens < bartjanssens@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
fluxx-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> There are two corner conditions to worry about, not one:
>
> A: You play a goal that you fulfil, causing the potato to rotate to you.
> (Do you win before the potato lands?)
>
> B: There is a goal in play which you fulfil, but you also have the
> potato. You play a new goal, causing the potato to rotate *away* from
> you.
> (Do you win right after the potato leaves, before the goal changes?)
>
> And there are three possible answers:
>
> 1: The potato moves right after the goal changes. (A: yes. B: no.)
>
> 2: The potato moves right *before* the goal changes. (A: no. B: yes.)
>
> 3: It's simultaneous. (A: no. B: no.)
>
> The one game I've played with potato in the deck, we ruled
> "simultaneous". Mostly because it's easier -- you don't have to reason
> about momentary states.
>
> --Z

Actually, there is another corner condition:

C:  A goal is played which two adjacent players both fulfill, and the
potato is passed from one to the other.

Examples:
Both players have five Keepers.
Both have the same number of cards, and more than 10.
One player has the Brain and the other has Andy Looney.  (Brain: No TV goal)
There are also some possibilities with Double Agenda.

I think I like the 'simultaneous' argument, in which case the player who
ends up without the potato wins.

--Bart Janssens