Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Fluxx: Alien Invasion gameplay

  • FromAndrew Plotkin <erkyrath@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 4 Mar 2008 10:28:18 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 4 Mar 2008, Allen Firstenberg wrote:

With all the discussion of the name of the new version, and a re-read of
both the blog entry and the card list, I was wondering.  Can this
version mark a re-release of the "Government Coverup" and related
cards?  It seems to me that it would fit the theme nicely, introduce a
small bit of gameplay change from other recent Fluxx versions, and
yet include some game mechanics that had existed at the start.  I
can't honestly say it was my favorite part of the game, but I think it
would add an interesting aspect.

It wasn't my favorite either; in fact, I thought it was annoying and not-fun. "It fits the theme" is a lousy reason to add such a thing back in.

If you want a conspiracy mechanic, have a "Treat X as Y" style rule. "Alien Keepers count as Earthlings". Or, "Conspiracy: if you have this Keeper in play, all your Alien Keepers count as Earthlings."

--Z

*
If the Bush administration hasn't thrown you in military prison without trial,
it's for one reason: they don't feel like it. Not because you're an American.