Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

[Fluxx] "Playing without Zombies"

  • From"Bryan Stout" <bryan.stout@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 27 Mar 2008 11:39:45 -0400
When I took a good look at the suggested cards to leave out when playing Zombie Fluxx without the Zombies, I saw a couple of them that should be left in, in my opinion:

- Zombie Jamboree.  This still has a significant effect without the Creepers.  It redistributes the Keepers among the players, similar to the Scramble Keepers card in standard Fluxx, except that it distributes them equally, rather than preserving the number of Keepers for each player.

- Out of Ammo.  You can still run out of ammo or gas without Zombies to shoot at.  (Deer hunting?)  This seems like a good card to have anyway, even if it's not as dismaying as when you need ammo to kill Zombies.

On a separate issue:

Am I the only one who couldn't figure out what the "special mark in the bottom left hand corners" was?  I was expecting some sort of logo, like the skull or the card-type symbols.  I couldn't find anything -- and I looked several times.  I wondered if I had a different printing, or if the symbol was left off at the last minute,  or if it was in invisible ink, or what.  It wasn't until browsing these archives that I saw mention of the ragged border at the bottom of the color strip, and I finally saw it.  Aaahhhhhh!

In future printings of the rules, they may want to be more explicit about the nature of the "special mark".

Oh yes, and the Larry the Zombie promo card is lacking that special mark.  (It shouldn't be too hard to Sharpie it in, though.)

Bryan