Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

[Fluxx] New to the List

  • FromAniLocatN@xxxxxxx
  • DateTue, 4 Nov 2008 07:24:09 EST
(Sorry about that, ctrl+enter seems to = send on this client, lets start again)

Just signed up to the list. I recently purchased Monty Python Fluxx and was seeking to "cause the Penguin on top of my television set to explode."

I went through Zombie Fluxx and marked which cards affected Zombies only, and which cards affected Creepers, by specific wording.

Zombies Only:
Sonic Tranquilizer
Zombie Repellent
Adrenaline Bonus
Look, Over There!
Zombies Ain't So Bad
Eaten by Zombies!
Hey, Over Here!

All Creepers:
Weapon Bonus
Zombie Season
Dead Friends
Zombie Victory
The Shotgun
No Zombies
Return of the Dead
Zombie Jamboree
...and Stay Dead!

Both:
Groaning Required - Zombies require groaning; failing allows any Creeper to be moved.

Unclear:
Let's Shamble! - Mentions both Creepers and Zombies interchangably. I will be favoring it as all Creepers, personally.

Are there any other interesting rules that would clash when using Monty Python spliced with Zombie Fluxx? I browsed the archives from a year ago but that's where they stopped.

A side question is - was the "Draw First?" discussion ever solved? It never crossed my mind that drawing first wasn't required based on the rule insert combined with standard "Drawing is always first" mentality of previous TCG games... But I see it making sense. Just seems... cheap in certain cases.

-Tobias Amaranth

Plan your next getaway with AOL Travel. Check out Today's Hot 5 Travel Deals! (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212416248x1200771803/aol?redir=http://travel.aol.com/discount-travel?ncid=emlcntustrav00000001)