Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] New to the List

  • From"Carol Townsend" <carol.townsend@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 4 Nov 2008 07:43:17 -0600
Welcome to the list Tobias!  No worries about the double posting on your first go here - if that's the worst that happens, you'll be in clover.

Anyway... a few thoughts. Did you see the list in the Zombie Fluxx rules about the zombie-specific cards? They're the ones with the "drippy" bits on the bottom of the color bar on the left.  Leave those out and you can play Fluxx without zombies - mostly.  Yes, that leaves a couple of zombie-referencing cards in, but it's a basically zombie-free game.

Putting the two decks (Zombie and MP) together shouldn't be too insane.  The problem is there is no cross-connection between the two decks, unless you start getting Blanxx and making your own connections - usually done w/ Goals.  (e.g., The Grim Reaper from MPFluxx combined with The Car from Zombie Flx can be the goal "Ford - Found On Road Dead")  You can write other Blanxx to combine them (e.g., New Rule: when "Bring Out Your Dead" is played, it includes the Friends cards, IF the New Rule "Dead Friends" is currently out.)  Both of those examples were made up off the top of my head without decks in front of me, but you get the idea.

Also, have you seen the Rabbit Wiki?
http://rabbits.continuation.org/wiki/Main_Page

Wherein you can find the list of games
http://rabbits.continuation.org/wiki/Line_of_Products

And from there find things like the Fluxx FAQ:
http://rabbits.continuation.org/wiki/Fluxx_FAQ

Fans (i.e., "Rabbits") have been slowly distilling the wisdom of Andy from the mailing lists to a one-stop shopping for all your Fluxx questions, including the "Do I have to observe the current Draw rule entirely before I can play any cards? " question.  See if that helps.

To sum up, welcome!  Glad you're here!  Hope to play Fluxx with you sometime!

Carol